Fort Collins is an award winning place to live. As things begin to reopen, here is a list of 10 things to do in Fort Collins this summer.
10 things to do in Fort Collins this summer
- Catch a movie at the Holiday Twin Drive-In. Nestled near the foothills of Fort Collins for almost 50 years, the Holiday Twin is one of Americas few remaining drive in movie theaters. Bring a blanket or camp chairs and head down out for that double feature.
- Ride the Tolley. Ride back in time on Birney Car 21, a restored 1919 street car that has been running its summer route from City Park up Mountain Ave. for 32 years. Car 21 is owned by the city and operate by the volunteers of the Fort Collins Municipal Railway. Take a ride Noon to 5pm weekends from May through September.
- Take a Dip. Gather the kids for a day at the pool. The city operate on outdoor pool. City Park Pool, offers daily admission $7 for adults and $6 for children age 2 to 17 years of age. City Park Pool is not just a pool it also include water slides for fun.
- Want so more water fun? Head to Horsetooth Reservoir. There is no place quite like it. Head to Inlet Bay Marina at 4314 Shoreline Drive to rent a boat, canoe, kayak, paddleboard or hydrobike.
Some Other Ideas
- Do I even have to say it? Go on a brewery tour, Call head to schedule your tour of New Belgium to secure a spot or make a reservation 24 hours in advance for Odell’s tour. We have a whopping 21 breweries so even it some don’t offer tours they are likely to have a patio for a relaxing spot for a beer.
- Tube the Poudre. Why head to a water parks lazy river when we have one of our very own. From Mid-July through August dust off the tube stashed in the garage and drop it in the river for a cooling trip down the Poudre. Know the dangers and tube at your own risk. Note I did say Mid-July through August. Earlier may have the river too high and moving too fast.
- Bike to work. Every month is bike month in Fort Collins but June is actually Bike Month in Colorado. To celebrate pedal yourself to work and enjoy all that our bike trails have to offer. Find out more at the Bike to Work Website.
- Go Put Putting! Have some fun and play mini golf. Fort Fun is located at 1513 E, Mulberry is just waiting for you with one of the most fun mini golf courses in the area. They also offer go karts, bumper cars, giant slide and an arcade. You do not have to be a kid to have fun here.
- Play a painted piano in Old Town. Pianos about town, brings locally painted pianos to our city’s nooks, crannies and alleys. Thirteen donated pianos are all about town. Sit down and show the world what you can do on a piano. Is your song a simple one?
- Catch a concert. Try out the Lagoon Summer Concert Series at Colorado State University. They are making a comeback after 2020 series being canceled. This year they have two scheduled. One on July 9th and the other on July 31. Go to LagoonSeries.com for more information. Grab your lawn chair and a blanket and get ready to enjoy some live music.