Fort Collins was voted number 6 in Money Magazines 100 best places to live in 2010, and its no wonder why. Here in Fort Collins, you’ll find award winning schools, a globally focused university, thriving arts scene, eclectic shops and restaurants, hundreds of miles of walking and biking paths, as well as a plethora of outdoor activities. Nestled at the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains, located in the mountain shadow region, meaning the weather is beautiful, benefiting Fort Collins with 300+ days of sunshine a year. Home to Colorado State University which is a leader in community outreach, as well as research and implementation of green and renewable energy technologies. Old town Fort Collins is the location of many specialized shops and restaurants, and was in fact so well designed that Walt Disney himself based the Disneyland appearance and layout on Old Town Fort Collins.
Over the last decade Fort Collins has been recognized as:
- One of the Top 25 Places to Retire, by CNNMoney.com
- One of the Top 10 Best College Towns: Small-sized cities category, by USA Today
- One of the Best Places to Raise Your Kids, by Business Week
- Third Best Place For Business and Career, by Forbes Magazine
- “American Dream Town.” Fort Collins rated as one of the Best Towns in the U.S. by Outside Magazine.
- Selected as the 4th best place to live in the United States: by Mens Journal.
- Loveland/Fort Collins is the #1 Best Place to Reinvent Your Life by AARP Magazine.
For a comprehensive list of honors and awards for the City of Fort Collins check out their website.
However what can we say about Fort Collins, that the city government and the board of tourism can’t say for themselves, check out their videos below.