Fort Collins was voted number 6 in Money Magazines 100 best places to live in 2010, and its no wonder why. Here in Fort Collins, you’ll find award winning schools, a globally focused university, thriving arts scene, eclectic shops and restaurants, hundreds of miles of walking and biking paths, as well as a plethora of outdoor activities.
Due to the fact that we are nestled at the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains we benefit from the mountain shadow region. This means the weather is beautiful with 300+ days of sunshine a year. About an hour North of Denver, we are close to many major sports stadiums and entertainment venues. Moreover, this means that it is a simple proposition to catch a Rockies Game in the afternoon and still make it home for dinner.
Fort Collins is home to many industries and institutions. Colorado State University is one of the most recognizable of these names. CSU is a leader in community outreach, as well as research and implementation of green and renewable energy technologies.
Additionally, Old town is the location of many specialized shops and restaurants. Old Town was in fact so well designed that Walt Disney himself is said to have based the Disneyland appearance and layout on the Old Town area.
Fort Collins Has Been Recognized As:
- One of the Top 25 Places to Retire, by CNNMoney.com
- Top 10 Best College Towns: Small-sized cities category, by USA Today
- One of the Best Places to Raise Your Kids, by Business Week
- Third Best Place For Business and Career, by Forbes Magazine
- “American Dream Town.” Fort Collins rated as one of the Best Towns in the U.S. by Outside Magazine.
- Selected as the 4th best place to live in the United States: by Mens Journal.
- Loveland/Fort Collins is the #1 Best Place to Reinvent Your Life by AARP Magazine.
For a comprehensive list of honors and awards for the city check out their website.
However what can we say about Fort Collins, that the city government and the board of tourism can’t say for themselves, check out their videos below. If you still have questions, contact us, for a personalized tour of the area.