When you break it down there are 10 steps any buyer must go through in order to move from looking at houses online to moving into a new home.
The 10 Steps to Buying a Home
- The first of these steps is to begin working with a lender. This is an important first step because your lender will let you know how much home you can afford. They can also work with you to build or repair credit which can be a time consuming process, best to start early.
- Once you know your price range the next step is to find a good agent. This is important as a good agent has access to a vast knowledge of the market. They can let you know what to expect, help you find homes that match your criteria, and may even know of some listings that are coming up and might be able to get you in to see them before they hit the MLS. For this step you’re in luck you are already on the best real estate agent in Northern Colorado’s website, head over to the contact tab and let Lestel know how she can help.
- It’s time to step up from Zillow. Now that you know your price range and are working with Lestel you can begin to look at houses.
- Eventually you will find your perfect home. For some people this happens on their first outing, for others it may take several weeks, but eventually you will find the next home for you.
- Have your agent write an offer. A great offer is not only how much you are willing to spend but also the timing of closing and possession. Sometimes allowing the seller to have possession for a few days or weeks after closing, meaning the seller only has to move once, may be worth thousands to them.
- During this phase you may go back and forth between you and the seller in order to negotiate price and terms and get offer accepted. Lestel is one of the best real estate agents in Northern Colorado because she is an experienced negotiator.
- After you go under contract you will need to have the home inspected. The inspector will provide you with a list of issues with the property. Touring the home with the inspector can also provide invaluable information on where critical systems within the home are located and how things work.
- After the inspection you will have Lestel negotiate the condition of the property and what items the seller will fix or replace prior to closing.
- If you are getting financing on the home the Lender will require an appraisal to be completed. This is simply to insure that the home is worth at least as much as you are buying it for. It protects your financial interests as much as the lender.
- When all is said and done you will need to attend closing. This will take place at the title company and you will likely have your hands cramp up from signing so many documents before the seller passes on the keys to you.
Finally, it is time to move in and make it your own. For this we can recommend great moving companies, and a long list of great home service providers should you need an outlet repaired or garage door fixed at any point during the time you own your home. Those are the 10 Steps to Buying a Home. Lestel is always just a phone call away to help connect you with the right person to help.