No matter how hot the market is most sellers get a bit anxious before officially putting their home on the market. They question whether they have good decorator taste. They also question if the buyers will be excited when they see the home and want to buy it. Staging can take some of the guess work away and insure that buyers will see themselves living in your home and be willing to offer what it takes to buy it!
According to the National Association of Realtors:
- 31 % of buyers increase their offer by 1% to 5% because the home was staged.
- 77% of buyers felt more able to see themselves moving into a home that was staged
- 40% of buyers were more willing to visit a staged online listing.
It is easy to see from this information that staging is beneficial for homes of all sizes and price ranges. It affects both online views and in person showings. So here are some tips for selling your home for potentially more money and a shorter amount of time.
- Remove the clutter. This is the number one rule in home staging. Removing clutter can entail removal of extra furniture and all of the stuff that can keep a run from feeling as spacious and functional as it should. If you do not have room for these extra things but would like to keep them it may be time to rent a storage unit.
- Become a clean freak! Cleaning is an important part of making sure that your home looks its best. Deep clean before the home is listed for sale and then regularly as they home is one the market. It is a good idea to do these three things every day while your home is on the market. Mop and vacuum. Wipe down surfaces and a make beds. A nice clean scent can be appealing too. Be careful overpowering smells can be a turn off.
- De-personalize your home. Buyers want to be able to imagine themselves in your home. If you have too many personal photos and mementos out Buyers can have a hard time imagining themselves in the space and instead feel like they are simply visiting your home. Do not forget to put away your personal care and grooming items too!
- Make it neutral. Give your home a quick makeover by painting rooms light, neutral colors. Neutral colors are not just for paint. Simple white towels hanging in the bathroom and other light accessories go a long way.
Getting a home ready for sale is no easy task. The benefits of preparing your home for sale far outweigh the time and effort that you put into it. Lestel provides professional home staging advice and can bring in product so that you do not need to go out and purchase items used to stage your home. Doing this can make a huge difference in what you walk away with when you sell your home. Call Lestel to learn more!