Timelessness can be hard to find when decorating a home. Home décor trends come and go. You can count on there being a hew “IN” thing next year what everyone is doing in their home. Changing with the trends can be expensive and exhausting.
Here are some décor items that will stand the test of time. Some of these may surprise you.
- Hardwood floors. You can be rest assured if you invest in really high quality hardwood floors they could stay in your home for a long, long, long time.
- House plants. I know it seems odd to consider a house plan a décor item but they can certainly add warmth to a home and also help your home air quality improve.
- Art. Art can be a great long term investment. Find a local artist that you like and make an investment in a piece that you love. One that touches you. That piece can bring you joy for a long time.
- Throw pillows. Now this is something that you can go over board with. So watch how many but have some fun and decorate for the season or mix and match colors and textures.
- Real wood furniture. I know it is easy to just run to Target or Ikea and grab something because you need it, whether that need be an end table or a night stand. But how about getting a piece or real wood furniture that will last and you can enjoy and move with you without it falling apart.
- Fireplace. It is strange to call and fireplace décor but it can add so much ambiance to a room. They are an investment that will give you a great return and they are enjoyable too.
- Mirrors. Yes, they are great to check and see how you look, but they are also timeless décor pieces. They can help a small area look much bigger.
- Luxurious throw blankets. We all love to cozy up on the couch under a warm, cozy blanket. Don’t just run to Walmart and pick one up for $5.00. Invest a bit more and get one that is really luxurious. It will stand the test of time.
- Detailed pieces of furniture like console tables, night stands and ottomans. These pieces help a room feel complete and take a rooms décor from bland to wow.
- Family heirlooms and personal items that bring you joy.
Decorating your home does not need to be complicated and trending. Invest in a few good pieces and enjoy!